Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!

Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!



Thursday, November 4, 2010

      Hey all!   I can't believe how busy life gets when school starts.  I am, for the most part, a stay at home mom and I have a hard time keeping my head above schedule...I mean water.  I think women who hold down a household, raise children and have a full time job are amazing. 
      Halloween was fun...I went as a French artist of course. I had the beret, pencil thin curly mustache and all.  I looked very authentic as I painted faces in Mrs. Billings 3rd grade class.  I even did my best to speak French...Wee Wee...No No...but that's all I know. 
      Volleyball season is over until next year.  That has lightened my load.  I had an extremely smart girl on my team who would correct me when I'd say "come on girls, we are only down by 4!"  To which she would reply "Um, Coach!  We are down by 6!"  Call me an optimist or a poor mathematician, either way artists are generally not known for their math skills.  She would also read something that someone else had written and giggle and point out the grammar & punctuation errors.  Needless to say, I hope she doesn't read my blog...it's an editors nightmare!  Anyhoo, I really loved those girls and had a 'ball' with them.  I'm proud to send them on to JV, hopefully having grown as athletes.
      Elections are also over which, being election chair in my township, has kept me hoppin' for some time.  I won't bring politics into this blog.  My mother raised me right...politics & religion are best kept around the kitchen table.  I do love to sit around mom's table and listen to her and my Aunt Lou discuss the latest happenings in Washington while I sip on a hot cup of coffee.  On occasion I might get in a word or two.  We three were cut from the same cloth...about politics and religion...so we can let our opinions fly at moms table.
     I have been doing a little bit of art along the way.  Now that things should quiet down for a couple weeks I have a list of 'art' projects to get done.  Since I took a little nap during Toy Story 3 I might be able to get something done tonight yet.  By the way, how sad was the ending to that movie?  That is the last time I allow my husband to pick the movie.  Of course I guess I was the one who wanted to see "Up."  I began crying at the beginning and never got it together again until the ride home.  I'm really not that soft but Walt Disney knows how to choke me up.
     Old feelings are starting to appear...getting teary...better go take my mind off children's movies.  Have a great night!  -Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment