Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!

Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!



Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello my long lost blog!

     This seems like unfamiliar territory...I almost needed a compass to find my blog.  School is back in session and it seems I have lost all control of my schedule.  It takes a community to keep me pointed in the right direction.  I am knee deep in important matters such as Boy Scouts, youth football & volleyball, dance & fiddle lessons.  Then there's the pesky business of feeding children & helping with homework.  I bet I don't have to tell you that as an artist...7th grade math is over my head!
     This year I have taken on the task of 8th grade volleyball coach for my local high school.  I haven't played since high school...a lot has changed in the last 10 years (...or so. I told you I wasn't good at math.)  We had our first game last night and we lost.  The good news is that I learned a lot and so did my team.  We get to play them again & then watch out...they won't recognize us with all our improvement.  We'll see how this plan plays out...it looks good on paper.
     Life often gets in the way of art.  The busier I get the further I get from my career goals.  I do try to remind myself that all of these life experiences make me, hopefully, a better artist.  I get inspiration from the things I do and the people I know.  And the busier I get the more I appreciate the quiet time when I get to sit down and create something special. 
     Enough of the 'Hallmark' special.  I'm really not that sappy of a person.  In fact the older I get (29 in Chrissy math) the less serious I am about most things in general.  Everyone should learn to let things slide off  off their back a little more... like water off a ducks butt (or was that a ducks back...I can't recall).  I too need to be reminded of that when I sometimes get my dander up about something...usually when I think my child has been done wrong.  But then I always remember my dad's words of wisdom, "just simmer down."  Sound advice!
     Well that's all I have rolling around in my head tonight.  I'm off to do something creative...Just what I don't know...I'll try not to be such a 'blog' stranger.

-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment