Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!

Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!



Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Who uses words like "Cockles"? Sadly, I do.

     It has been brought to my attention that I have not updated my blog in quite some time.  I am out of blogging shape, so I do this at great risk of pulling a muscle in my typing fingers. 
     Who am I kidding?  Anybody who knows me knows that I exercise these 'typers' daily (Okay, hourly) on Facebook.  I love Facebook.  It's the first time in my life I've received over 90 well-wishes on my birthday and what a joy it is to let the whole wide world know that I've reached mile-marker forty-two. 
     Technology is sometimes an awful reality of our lives, but sometimes it can just plain brighten your day.  Perhaps you did not know, but I'm a humungo Dolly Parton fan (perhaps 'nut' is more appropriate) and since the publishing of her new book she has been on every TV interview show known to Earth.  That alone brightens my day, but more so, I got plenty of messages to alert me that she would be on the Kelly & Don't-Know-the-New-Guys-Name Show (I'm not sure if that's the official name of the show or not).  Though they were all meaningful, the most blessed of reminders came in the form of a text to my cell phone from friend.  This friend is in the trenches fighting breast cancer and rather than wollering in what is happening to her, she found a moment to think of me.   As we say in the country, "That just warmed the cockles of my heart!"
     So, when you send that little message to someone, maybe you're doing a greater deed than you could ever have imagined and couldn't the world use a whole lot more 'greater deeds'?  With that in mind, I think I will take a moment to send out a few more messages a lot more often.
     Now, for the reason I have this blog (In case you've forgotten, it's to sell my art).  There is still time to order custom art for the holidays.  Popular ideas are portraits of children or other loved ones, animal portraits or even funny caricatures.  If you're stumped for a Christmas gift, ask how I can solve your problem.  Don't wait too long, I need time to fit orders in.
     I have posted a picture of my latest work, a mural in the office of Dr. Carrie Wilgus at her new business location of Southside Pediatrics in Hastings, Michigan.  The mural measures approximately 5foot by 7 foot.  I can do a mural for you too!  If you're new to my site, I can most easily be found on Facebook by searching Christine Terpening or Moonshine Fine Art Studio.
    In case I neglect this site again I better say it now...Merry Christmas to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment