Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!

Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!



Monday, April 25, 2011

       Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great Easter. My husband and I spent the morning tag team parenting.  We had one boy volunteering at church making breakfast and the other sick at home.  My husband, we'll call him Eric, went to help at church and as my daughter and I left for church service he came home to be with the boy who was sick.  As luck would have it, about noon, an Easter Miracle (as my mother called it) occurred!  When it was time to go to grandmas the sick boy was healed and able to go to Grandmas to fish, go cart, and frog spear his way through the day!  But as all good things come to an end, so do Easter Miracles...Monday morning school was a 'no go'!!!
      Fever, cough nor tummy ache will keep me from putting three kids on a bus tomorrow morning.  It is the end of April and the Vermontville Maple Syrup Festival is fast approaching.  This is the weekend that I have to laminate my schedule and keep it in my back pocket so I know where I need to be and when.  Boy Scouts, Dandy Lions, Church and 4-H all have me running.  My daughter has also been chosen to present flowers to the Maple Syrup Queen and she is also running in the princess pageant.  I somewhat envy those who high tail it out of town this weekend.
      Who am I kidding?  I haven't missed the festival in all my years...and that's a lot of years!  Even the year I had the Chicken Pox, Grandpa Marcum loaded me up into his old Ford and found a place to park where I could see the parade.  No rides, no games, no friends to run with.  I still bare the scars of that weekend...and I have a few from the Chicken Pox too.
     While I have been spending much of my time writing, I have to switch gears back to getting some drawing done.  I have committed myself to donating some art to the local FFA chapter.  I should be committed because I only have a couple of weeks to get it done!  I'll find the time.
     With that wrote, I better get at it!  See you all at the Festival!

-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment