Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!

Take a stroll through the Moonshine Fine Art Gallery Below!



Thursday, March 15, 2012

Is that China I see?

     Have you ever tried to dig a hole to China?  I have...with little success.  At the farm where I grew up we had sand dunes in our back pasture.  I would take Dads shovel and begin, with all seriousness, digging to China.  I still do that today...in a way.  I am up to my ears (Yes...I'm breathing through a straw right now) in a project that I started some three years ago.  Although my talents lie in the fine arts, I have tried my hand at writing.  I started this not-so-little story entitled "Liberty Lil" three years ago and I am finally able to see the end...China.
      In order to quit disappointing myself I have quit making deadlines for this book, but since it has a political theme (stop rolling your eyes...it's a hilarious political theme) I would like it available soon.  Here is a little taste of Liberty Lil (preproofread by someone who is handy with a red pen):


Without the watchful eye of my dweeby nemesis, I could finally concentrate on my schooling.  Much to my delight, we are studying government elections.  Though I was eager to learn, I couldn’t help notice how some of my classmates endured what they considered excruciating boredom.  I kept both ears on Mrs. Snodsnucker but my eyes wandered around the room.  Allie, always with her hair placed in an up-do used a bobby pin to clean out her ear canals only to stick the pin back in her hair when she deemed herself wax-free…Roland tried repeatedly to make his ears wiggle (at least I think that’s what he was doing)…and then there was Shawn, thinking he was so cool, swiped his snot-reservoir of a nose with both palms straight up coating them with next week’s flu virus and then styled his faux-hawk to perfection with the germ-laced gel (Cue vomit!). 

Deciding that being aware of my surroundings was to gross, I zeroed back in on the teacher and the lesson I’m sure we would be tested on later…Elections.  They can be tricky to understand, even for me…especially the presidential election.  There is the Electoral College, Democrats and Republicans, popular vote, super delegates, primary and general elections.  Whew!  It’s enough to give anyone the kind of headache you would get if you tried to divide thirty seven into three thousand, six hundred and sixty three…in your head!
____________________________________________________
   
There is your taste!  I better get diggin'!  Don't forget that I am also an artist for hire if you would like to prolong this story even further. 
Zài jiàn (that's 'goodbye' in Chinese...I Google!).   -Christine

1 comment:

  1. Looks good...I want a book when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete